Howard Goldblatt’s is a founding partner and a leading member of the labour law Bar. His practice focuses on all aspects of labour and employment law, including grievance and interest arbitration, workplace human rights, and pensions and benefits law. Howard is also widely regarded for his expertise in collective bargaining and provides clients with strategic advice for special legislative campaigns.
In addition to representing clients before a wide variety of administrative tribunals, Howard has appeared as counsel in the Supreme Court of Canada, and at all levels of the Ontario and Federal courts.
Since 2011, Howard has served as a bencher of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Howard has received many awards and recognition for his advocacy skills, including:
- being elected a fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers (2014)
- repeatedly being selected by his peers to be named in the Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory as a leading practitioner in labour and employment law
- being selected as Best Lawyer’s 2010 Lawyer of the Year in labour and employment law – Toronto
- repeatedly being selected as one of Lexpert’s Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, including in 2017
- repeatedly being selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers
- being selected one of Toronto’s Top Rated Lawyers, earning an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell
In addition, Howard has also received the Meritorious Award for service from the Ontario Public School Teachers’ Federation (now the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario) and is a fellow of Ontario Teachers’ Federation.
Howard received his law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School and was called to the Ontario Bar in 1976. He also has a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Toronto and a master of science degree from Cornell University.
Howard is a member of the Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers and the National Organization of Lawyers for Educational Associations.
- Oakville Professional Fire Fighters’ Association v. Town of Oakville
- OPSEU et al. v. Ontario
- Espey v. City of London and London Professional Fire Fighters’ Association
- Hamilton Professional Firefighters’ Association v. City of Hamilton
- Teamsters 938 v. Lakeport Beverages
- Monsanto v. Ontario (Superintendent of Financial Services)